Wednesday, September 20, 2017

In the book The Color Purple written by Alice Walker, the character wrote letters to God. She felt God was the only one to hear her out, and that she could tell of the tragedy and hard luck life she was living. She felt that God would be able to provide her with the means to keep on living and learning.

In life, we are sometimes quick to express anger, frustration, and many other emotions, but never write letters to God about it.

How easy it is to lose a loved one to drugs, jail, or mental illness. Or lose faith when you wished that if only they could have gotten married, or been single, and get to travel. Just live a great life.

Well I also have not written letters to God about my trials and tribulations. But I have expressed them to all that cares to read with the hope that I might be able to get answers, or to question what another person may not ask. This helps me to struggle through the situation. Plus, I’m hoping others would share their knowledge and what works for them.

Well, today I took one giant step forward and joined a support group. If any of you are struggling, or don't want to give up to the struggle with what is taking place in your life at this time. Joining a support group, or even forming one will help you to gain perspective on what you are going through. And, it might help you out as you adjust things in your life and cope with the matter and the stress that comes along with it.

I would like to give a shout out to Prison Action Milwaukee. I must say that their vision is A VEHICLE FOR CHANGE IN THE WISCONSIN PRISON SYSTEM.

I went to their meeting on Saturday, and felt accepted, I felt that I could learn more and be a partner in their mission to change the laws criminal justice system. Thanks to the Founder Rose Scott for her tremendous effort, words of encouragement, and for reaching out to others in need of the support.

So, with these words I would like to say seek or build the support that you will need in this journey/challenge.

Take care of yourself, for others now need you to be strong and healthy, in mind, body, and soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Criminal Cases

Criminal Cases